Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Five

Copy and paste to your own blog, then reply to this post with a link to your answers.

1. What did you dream of being when you were a little child?
A ballerina, teacher, or artist (or maybe a combo of all 3)

2. What did you think you might become when you were between the ages of 12-13?
An author, illustrator, designer, or zoologist

3. What career choices did you consider as a young adult?
I started working young, and have experience in retail (sales, stock, fashion show production, management), and as a yoga and Pilates instructor. By my early 20s I had moved onto finance. In high school and college I dreamed of becoming a buyer for a clothing store, but it didn't happen; by the time I was about 20, that was one of the LAST things I wanted to do.

4. Did you follow along one of the career paths you considered?
No, I haven't really stuck with anything that I've pursued professionally

5. Have you changed careers since then? Was it by choice or necessity?
I made a huge change, by choice, to stay home with our kids. Maybe it was by necessity - I knew I needed to be involved in their lives, and that I wouldn't be happy if I was in an office all day missing them. I still dream of incorporating the author/artist dreams into this somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment